Sunday, 7 August 2011

Welcome, Welcome

Congratulations! You've just found my new blog!!

This blog is a continuation of my generic medical school ramblings (which can be found here), aptly (or not) named after the book 'Trust Me, I'm A Junior Doctor'.

"But wait!" I hear you cry "There's all this stuff about competency in the title too?!?!?!111oneoneone".

Well observed, you steely eyed readers, you. The reason my blog is so named is twofold. Firstly (and this is the bit that the author of the aforementioned book's lawyers should read) any doctor trained after the introduction of the working time directive is by default more competent because we are more likely to have actually had some sleep within the last 5 weeks. The second reason is that the guy in that book endlessly whinges about the fact his medical school never TOLD him how to take a patients pulse or how to do an ECG or, apparently, anything which either means he went to a totally shit medical school or is just an idiot.

Sorry, Max, it's just the way I feel.

Now trust me when I tell you, readers, that such a witty and ingenious title did not spring immediately into my mind like some kind of... spring... launched... thing or other. I also came up with 'Trust Me, I'm Not A Complete Twat', 'Trust Me, Because I Work In A Trust' and, (in my mind the most accurate) 'Trust Me, Because I Don't Want To Be A Psychiatrist'.

Better suggestions in the commentz box please.

G

No comments:

Post a Comment